Cleaning and RepairOur Rain Gutter Cleaning is designed to ensure that you have proper drainage. When was the last time that your rain gutters were thoroughly cleaned and flushed?Dirt, leaves, tree branches, bird nests and other debris slowly accumulate over the months impeding the flow of rain water. When rain gutters are "debris filled" the rain, not having proper drainage, will usually cascade over the sides of the rain gutter, causing unpredictable erosion and water pooling which can lead to the premature destruction of building surfaces from rot and mold. Down spouts are often clogged with debris preventing them from doing their job of letting the water exit in a controlled and predictable manner. Sometimes this requires dismantling the down spouts to clear the obstruction. We do whatever it takes to get your rain gutters and spouts fully functional and doing their job!The following is our scope of work:1. Inspect all gutters and down spouts.
2. Clear all gutters and down spouts of debris.
3. Clean and flush gutters and down spouts to ensure water drains properly.
4. Install screen over down spout to prevent future blockages at exit points.
5. Perform minor repairs where needed.
6. Remove leaves and other debris that have accumulated on the flat protions or valleys
Trees lose their leaves. This debris, as well as other types of debris, can cause a roof to deteriorate by:
To prevent these problems:
- Promoting moisture. This encourages the growth of algae, fungus or moss.
- Preventing the water from draining properly. This causes water to backup under the shingles thereby causing a leak.
- Damming gutters and drains. This also causes water to back up under the shingles. Trees that are near the home or that have branches that overhang the roof can cause damage by rubbing against the shingles and gutters.
- We Remove debris from your roof
- We Clean out gutters, downspouts and drains
- Cut tree branches away from the roof gutters and drains*
There are many visual clues on a roof that can help point to problem areas. We Check the roof for:
- Missing, damaged, or improperly aligned shingles.We will recommend repair or replacing of these shingles.
- Exposed or raised nails. As a general rule no nail heads should be showing on any roof unless they are caulked or sealed.
- Dried out, cracked or missing caulk or roofing cement. We remove old material and replace with new caulk or roofing cement.
- Damaged or water-stained facia. Determine what is causing the staining. We repair or replace the facia. Installing edge metal at the bottom of the roof may solve the problem.
- Missing, improperly installed or damaged flashing. Flashing should be around all penetrations and low spots on the roof. Flashing helps direct water away from roof penetrations and low spots. Penetrations can include vents, fireplaces, skylights, antennas, satellite dishes, heater pipes, air conditioning ducts, dormers, turbines, cable or tie-off hooks, etc. If the flashing is damaged or missing, have the flashing repaired or replaced.
- Overall shingle (roofing material) deterioration. It may be time to replace your roof. We can assist you in consulting with a licensed, bonded and insured roofing contractor.